This past weekend I came down with a nasty cold. I’d like to report my Mother’s Day was full of sleeping in, breakfast in bed and fun & games with the minis but,that didn’t happen. Instead it was full of Kleenex, cough candies, episodes of bubble guppies and trying to keep the kids quiet while mr. Smashlee slept all day so he could go to work all night.
Today, I cannot stop sneezing. It’s brutal. I’m going to keep this short because, once the medicine kicks in I won’t make much sense. I wanted to share what progress on what I did accomplish on my (many) works in progress.
1. The green and black slippers.
Basically they are done, except for their grippy bottoms. They need some testing before I send them off to their new owner. I want to make sure I designed them right and they don’t slip off.
I’m more then half way through this scarf and I’m loving how its turning out. Once it is finished and blocked it is going to look awesome!
3. My moms sweater.
I managed to get the back ribbing done and have knit up to part where I start raglan decreasing.
Because I’m using wool yarns for the scarf and sweater , I have been attaching yarn in a different way then I usually do. Once I run out of one ball yarn and ready to attach the new yarn using spit splicing. I am loving this method!! You can’t even tell there was a new skien of yarn attached. For this reason alone , I can see myself becoming a yarn snob and saying goodbye to the economical Acrylic yarn and going strictly for animal fibers.
If you arenot familiar with this method of attaching yarn I urge you to check out this video. Seriously, it will change your life.
Thanks for reading!